Droobi provides a website, a mobile-enabled website, and a mobile app:
• ‘https://www.droobihealth.com’, (the Website)
• ‘Droobi Mobile Application’ (the App), for both iPhone and Android
The Droobi website and the app allows our healthcare practitioners to view patients’ health-related information; communicate with members of healthcare team and Droobi staff; access to diabetes-related educational content; and access to the app features related to behavioral change.
This Privacy Statement applies to the Droobi website and the app, which are owned and operated by Droobi Health Technology. This Privacy Statement describes how Droobi collects and uses the personal information you provide, and other information that is collected from your use of the Droobi website and the app. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you are able to access and update this information.
All your protected health information maintained by Droobi, including information you provide on the website and the app, is also subject to Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (‘HIPAA’).
Droobi is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of the Droobi website and the app. Droobi will use and disclose your personal information as stated in this Privacy Statement.
Website and mobile application Privacy Statement
Use and disclosure of health information includes, using the information to provide management and prevention guidance to the individual with chronic disease, and to conduct data analytics to improve the Droobi website and app experience, _enter more stuff on why we need to collect information. Our use and disclosure of an individual’s personal information (including health information) is limited as required by state law. We do not sell or rent personal information about visitors to the Droobi website or the app.
The Droobi website and the app have security measures in place that are intended to help protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access or alteration of information under our control. These measures include encryption of data during transmission using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) system, encryption of data at rest, using a secured messaging service, and a secured transfer of data to the website and the app. Despite these measures, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us via the Droobi website or the app by Internet, text message, or email cannot be guaranteed. At your discretion, you may contact us at the mailing address or telephone number listed in the “Questions, complaints, and contacts” section at the end of this Privacy Statement.
License limitation, sharing and confidentiality
Droobi is, unless otherwise stated, the owner of all the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, database and other proprietary rights to the information including without limitation, the Droobi website. Without limitation of the foregoing, we assert ownership of a copyright in the entire Droobi system, including without limitation, the Droobi website, as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination and arrangement of the information and content in Droobi.
Droobi will only contain information for the quality and monitoring purposes for the management and prevention of the chronic diseases. All the information shared (either logged in or via chat feature) on the Droobi app and Droobi website will remain confidential. Any review or discussion, or use of this information is strictly prohibited.
Website and mobile application visitor data
In addition to web logs, described below, Droobi routinely gathers data from the Droobi website and mobile application activity, such as how many people visit the site or app, the web pages or mobile screens they visit, what workflow they follow, how long they stay on each page, the exchange of messages between the users etc. The data is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means that no information is personally identifiable or is associated with the data. This data collected helps Droobi to improve content and overall usage. The information is not shared with any other organizations for their independent use.
The Droobi website and the app do not honor a browser’s signal or header request to track the user’s activity.
Collecting and using and disclosing personal information
As disclosed in this Privacy Statement, we do not collect any personally identifiable information about users to the Droobi websites or the app.
- Information collection, use and disclosure
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number
- Age or date of birth
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, and password
- preferences information such as preferred first name and the types of emails you’d like to receive from Droobi
- Health or medical information (obtained automatically from health records)
- Health record number (obtained automatically from health records)
We use and disclose your information for:
- Communicate your health information, or the health information of someone you are caring for, to health care providers treating you.
- Communicate to you the health information of others you are authorized to act on behalf of on the Droobi websites or the app
- Respond to any queries sent to Droobi health educators via chat feature.
- Monitor your account
- Respond to your health-related questions and concerns
- Improve Droobi website, app, and marketing efforts
- Conduct data analytics based on de-identified patient health information
- Server logs
We maintain standard server that record data about all users who use the Droobi website or the app and we store this information. These logs may contain the internet domain from which you access the site, the IP address which is automatically assigned to your computer when you get on the Internet (a static IP address may be identifiable as being connected to you, while a dynamic address is usually not identifiable); the type of browser and operating system you use; the date and time you visited; the pages or mobile screens you viewed; and the address of the website you linked from, if any.
All web logs are stored securely, and may only be accessed by Droobi employees or designees on a need-to-know basis for a specific purpose. Droobi uses server information to improve the design of Droobi websites and the app; to identify popular features; to resolve user, hardware, and software problems; to make the Droobi websites and the app more useful to users for security purposes.
We may disclose personal information to any person performing audit, legal, operational, or other services for us. We will use information which does not identify the individual for these activities whenever reasonably possible. Information disclosed to vendors or contractors for operational purposes may not be re-disclosed to others by such a vendor or contractor, except as permitted by Droobi Health Technology and the applicable law.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- as described in the Privacy Rule for protected health information
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect you or others from threats of imminent harm, investigate fraud or other activity in violation of the law, or respond to a government request
- to protect the security and reliability of the website and the app
- if Droobi is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website and the app of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so
- Other requests to limit use and disclosure of your personal information
State law may allow you to request that we limit our uses and disclosures of your personal information for treatment, payment, and health care operations purposes. We will consider all requests and, if we deny your request, we will notify you in writing. State law requires us to agree to your request to restrict disclosures to a health plan or insurer relating to specific health care services, if you have paid for those services in full. The law does not, however, require us to restrict any disclosures we think are important for treatment purposes.
- Data retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Payment Information
There are no purchases in the app that require your financial information. Do not provide any financial information to the Droobi app or to anyone through the app.
- Accessing or Modifying Your Information
You may update and correct your basic profile information at any time by accessing your account settings. If you wish to request access to or correct other personal information we hold about you, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regarding the communication of Users’ personal data to partners:
Subject to your express consent below, Droobi Health Technology, LLC may transmit your anonymized and de-identified data to its partners involved in the development of health tools. Your health or health monitoring data will be communicated to these partners only in an anonymized and de-identified form for the purposes of research, product development, studies and statistical analysis.
In addition, subject to your express consent below, your contact details, including your full name and email address, may also be communicated to partners if you wish to receive messages from them related to the news of their products and services.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our policies and practices concerning the Droobi website or the app, your rights under this statement, and your dealings with the Droobi website or the app.
For further information please contact us by filling the form and provide the necessary details.